St. James Catholic School
The first St. James Catholic School originated in 1901. The original school on Chalk Street was demolished to make way for the present building, which was erected in 1960. This building consisted of 5 Classrooms, Office, Staff Room and a General Purpose Room.
The addition of a Kindergarten Room, three Class Rooms, Gymnasium, Change Rooms and a Staff Lounge was completed in 1993. The new addition was officially opened and blessed by His Excellency Bishop John Sherlock on March 29, 1994.
We now have over 100 families and 175 students attending St. James Catholic School.